Help identify a helmet

Hi all,

I was going to wait until I had a more complete set before I started posting, but needs must on this one.

I took delivery of my helmet from my brother about 3 weeks ago. To my untrained, retinopathic eye, it's a nice bucket, but it does have issues I want to fix. In order to fix them, I'd like to try and conclusively ID it.

Here be pictures:

18619019186_79e5b1a51b_z.jpg

18459186639_8b93f6a049_z.jpg

18647614921_40503e6cbd_z.jpg

18457582088_9d3a605f49_z.jpg

The main thing I want to fix is the tube stripes. The detailing is decals all-round - not a showstopper in and of itself, I know, but the tube stripes are (to my eyes, at least) 'rolled out'. As they're also in a grab area, I can see them peeling quite often. So I intend to paint them, using the masking kit from Trooperbay. This process is much aided by knowing the model of my lid (or what analog to go for). Hence my question.

While I'm at it, I plan on maybe painting the traps and tears, and definitely fitting a hard-hat liner and chin straps. Assuming, that is, you guys don't think this is unusable.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi all,

I was going to wait until I had a more complete set before I started posting, but needs must on this one.

I took delivery of my helmet from my brother about 3 weeks ago. To my untrained, retinopathic eye, it's a nice bucket, but it does have issues I want to fix. In order to fix them, I'd like to try and conclusively ID it.

Here be pictures:

The main thing I want to fix is the tube stripes. The detailing is decals all-round - not a showstopper in and of itself, I know, but the tube stripes are (to my eyes, at least) 'rolled out'. As they're also in a grab area, I can see them peeling quite often. So I intend to paint them, using the masking kit from Trooperbay. This process is much aided by knowing the model of my lid (or what analog to go for). Hence my question.

While I'm at it, I plan on maybe painting the traps and tears, and definitely fitting a hard-hat liner and chin straps. Assuming, that is, you guys don't think this is unusable.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The bucket is oddly warped and disproportioned quite dramatically. I don't think you could get 501st approval with this helmet if that is your goal. For around $200-$250 you can get a fully finished ATA ($150 for the kit, $50 build fee) or AP bucket, around $350 for the top end TM or RS bucket. Lots in between these ranges.

I would suggest trying to sell that thing and getting one of the above helmets, if you compare them side by side you'll understand.

I'm glad someone said that. I did have my concerns about the proportions, but chalked it up to deliberate asymmetry. It's no loss, as this bucket hasn't cost me anything other than parts exchange and the energy carrying it home. I'll dispose of it somehow and look for something else.

• 2 months later...