Buying UK Armour Kits from USA

Quick question!

I've heard that there can be some hiccups buying gear overseas and I've noticed that there are a lot of armour makers out there. I'm from California (6'0" 175 lbs) and kind of leaning towards ROTJ style or maybe ANH - Hero. Would y'all have any advice? I've looked at ATA, TM, and CFO in particular. I'd like to get good gear make the additional changes to get it up to Centurion to avoid having to upgrade later on. Thanks mucho guys!

P.S. Also - any advice on E-11 Blasters? I've noticed a lot of people tend to make their own.

Edited by SoCalDwat

Quick question!

I've heard that there can be some hiccups buying gear overseas and I've noticed that there are a lot of armour makers out there. I'm from California (6'0" 175 lbs) and kind of leaning towards ROTJ style or maybe ANH - Hero. Would y'all have any advice? I've looked at ATA, TM, and CFO in particular. I'd like to get good gear make the additional changes to get it up to Centurion to avoid having to upgrade later on. Thanks mucho guys!

P.S. Also - any advice on E-11 Blasters? I've noticed a lot of people tend to make their own.

If you want ROTJ, CFO is your only option, and it's a great option. Mark is a great guy and has an outstanding product.

Lots of people order their armors form the UK. While shipping can be spendy, it isn't that bad and I"m sure there aren't any more problems than shipping with the USPS.

I would order from a vetted maker like CFO (TM for ANH) and you'll get your stuff and the chances are it will be in great shape when it gets to you.

• Like 1

My armor is TM, and there was a slight snag during shipping. The big brown box got stuck in customs in Memphis. The label said "white plastic spaceman" and customs wanted to know more. I ended up getting ahold of them and explaining what was actually in the box; and it was released that afternoon and on my doorstep the next day.

The conversation with the FedEx customs liaison was actually pretty funny as I explained what the white plastic spaceman actually was. 

Edited by Chills
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...