Adhesives

I admit that I am new to this and learning and planning my build but thought I could help some of you here.

I have built models and R/C planes and cars for years and although I have no affiliation with them I can't recommend Bob Smith Industries enough for their adhesives.

They are a local to me small company that are Big R/C enthusiasts and make the batches themselves in-house here in California. 

I see here that most of the builders use ZAP products but take a look at the BSI website http://www.bsi-inc.com/hobby/hobby.html.

I think some of the IC-CURE and IC-GEL might be great for some of the builders looking for gap filling instead of Bondo. Also their GOLD line will not fog up clear plastics like regular CA does on the eye lenses.

I hope this helps someone.

I just received this response from them on some questions.

IC-Gel works very good for this.  It is used by some as a substitute for Bondo for autobody repair.  For smaller areas, Maxi-Cure will also work.

Charlee

Thank you so much.

One final thing is there something you would use for blending pieces together for hiding seams? Most of the guys use bondo as an example to make a glued on handle look like it is part of the barrel. Possibly IC-GEL?

I just hate bondo and it can crack when flexed.

Brian,

Both Maxi-Cure and Insta-Cure+ will work for these applications.  I prefer Maxi, but that's personal choice.  Using Insta-Set to cure the CA that oozes out is also a good idea.

Charlee Smith
BSI

I have used your CA's for years and love them but needed some help selecting for a new project...
First I will be building Star Wars storm trooper costumes for my family and need to bond white ABS plastic to white ABS plastic.

Next will be a prop blaster that will be bonding resin replica pieces to PVC pipe.

Thank you.

As far as pricing they are the same as all the other brands.

Availability might be the other issue as they do not sell direct to the public but I will look into our options.