Helmets and Velcro

Question...planning to replace my existing foam 'flower' cushion in my bucket with a hardhat suspension harness.  I've seen tutorials how to do this with hot glue but can it be done and survive the heat of trooping using industrial Velcro?  This may only be an interim fix as I continue to improve it for comfort and function, one of the reasons I don't want to glue the hardhat tabs in place.  Feel with the Velcro I can remove the harness if I decide to go with a pad system that I've seen in so many bucket forum topics. 

I guess one of my major concerns is with the heat/humidity/sweat I've already experience wearing the bucket for limited periods, will it cause the glue on the Velcro to fail...thoughts?  

Have one of echo's cooling systems, assume Velcro is the best path for attaching? 

I've looked at many of the bucket forum topics and was on the fence about a pad system if only because of the potential heat, for any TK/TDs who have used both ...any advice will be greatly appreciated!