ANH Stunt Helmet Frown with five holes

Hi there,

in the CRL of the ANH Stunt you read the following regarding the frown:

"Eight total teeth on the frown are cut out."

Well and all the helmets I saw obey to this rule but when I looked at the photo reference (picture ANHSTUNTfrown2) I saw a helmet shown in the right upper corner with five holes (both sides). Is this really applicable and also accurate in order to get accepted? Great confusion ... :blink::unsure:

Edited by Trooper Mitch

In your research you will also see a stunt helmet from time to time show up with three teeth on both sides. (This is more associated with the "hero" helmets) These fall into a category known as anomalies. These were oversights during a very rushed movie shoot where consistency

took a back seat to getting the film done. Until a category for specific costume replication is created, stick with the 4 teeth frown or nothing is stopping you from getting another helmet and having a second option to wear for troops.

Hi gazmosis, thanks for your explanation. This makes it clearer on how to rate these pics. You're right: These frowns with three  of five teeth on both sides can be seen as "anomalies".  As you recommend I'm going to stick with the official 4 theeth frown :duim:

• 5 weeks later...