TKC helmet

LChute1158

Hi guys,

i am starting a side project...going to make a TKC helmet...and maybe eventually a whole suit, but for now this is gonna be a display...

this is as far as i am so far...

Scootch kit...

iU4dMGM.jpg

So, I am no painter...any help with the painting, tips, tricks...would be greatly appreciated..

thanks

lance

What I did is use the proper colors, painted the trim in black on all the  borders. You don't have to fill it in all black just keep it to the borders. I let it dry at least 24 hours, what's the rush, and then filled it in with the grey. There are tutorials but I don't know how to upload that. I hope it helps. 

Nice kit you got there. Loved working with my Scootch kit.

After you get it all assembled, you'll want to thoroughly clean the helmet with warm water and dish soap, wetsand with 600 or 800 grit, rinse it again, then prime. I waited about 20 minutes then hit it with several coats of paint. Don't make these coats too heavy, you don't want to risk getting paint runs and having to start over.

I was brave enough to add all the decals and lay down the detail paint the same day I laid the spray down and it turned out fine. But most everyone else will tell you to leave it alone for a few days.

Hey Lance, im building the same. You could try using a small paint brush with some gray, or white mix and gently wipe it where it bled through using that for your weathering and carbon scoring. Highlight it with a little black. Use a test piece to try it out till you get the desired brush strokes and technique you desire. Hope this helps bro.