Advice with strapping systems

I am about to start an ANH TK build in the next month or so.  I have yet to 100 per cent decide where to buy my helmet and armour kits from but so far I am thinking either RS or TM.  I have a Doopy Blaster kit on the way and have just received an awesome  Hengstler counter from Dennis.  I'm intending on sculpting and making my own latex hand guards and I already have a pair of TK Boots and may also make myself a pair of painted chelsea boots for added accuracy ;)  I was just wondering what the requirements were for Expert Infantry and Centurian, regarding strapping systems?  Must I use the same strapping system as the original screen used uniforms to gain either of these awards?  Im very excited and any useful advice would be very greatly appreciated :)

In fact for Centurion the inner strapping is irrelevant. The armor needs to fit and all visible parts (from the outside) must be seen, e.g. side rivets on the left side, han snap on the right, crotch rivet and butt plate snaps.

The rest is open to your own mind, you can go for accuracy, do the "standard" snap plate construction or some kind of experimental harness.

Good luck for your build trooper!

Thanks for the replies guys.  

At the moment I'm weighing up whether to go for a 1.5mm ABS kit from RS or a 2mm acrylic capped ABS kit from TM.  On the one hand, I love the idea of the prop accuracy of RS with all the lumps and bumps that go along with that.  On the other hand I also like the idea of something that feels a little harder wearing and TM's 2mm acrylic capped armour does look lovely and smooth and shiny!  

Still a bit of a decision to make!  I just want to get building!  :smiley-sw013:

I went with the 1.5mm ABS from RS and have been very happy with the fit and durability along with the overall look of the armor.

This is always a challenging decision.  Movie/Canon accuracy is what I was after as well.

Be sure to continue to ask questions as you make your decision.