TK-1491's AP helmet build[*AP]

thanks guys...and good luck with your build, Terry!

a few more tweaks before I install the hard hat liner.

One thing I wanted to do was knock down the gloss level on the teeth, so I picked up some clear Semigloss enamel. Trick to it is to apply it quickly and with very few strokes, as it begins to emulsify the paint very quickly.

DSCF1289.jpg

"put the paint down and PLAY!"

DSCF1291.jpg

Time for a little car wax polishing:

DSCF1292.jpg

DSCF1293.jpg

Frown mesh:

DSCF1295.jpg

DSCF1297.jpg

and a few comp pics.

SDS Battle Spec:

DSCF1357.jpg

AP:

DSCF1361.jpg

SDS:

DSCF1358.jpg

AP:

DSCF1360.jpg

SDS:

DSCF1359.jpg

AP:

DSCF1364.jpg

And...the AP:

DSCF1361.jpg

DSCF1362.jpg

DSCF1363.jpg

overall I really dig the AP! It's one SMALLLLLL bucket though. Barely enough room to change your mind it that thing. I seriously wonder if I can fit fans and batteries in it...

thanks...and yessssirrreee I got my canvas belt in the mail from Gundamzeppelin a week or so ago.

Also got a new holster coming in the mail with tan single straps (I just like the tan) as an alternate to my current holster.

I have both snaps and rivets. Not sure which way I wanna go.

The biggest challenge I have right now is separating my current SDS belt from its ABS backer belt. It's riveted, and the caps are glued on to the front. I fear I may have to drill off the rivet heads if I can't fit a hacksaw blade between...fun fun. If anyone has done this before with an SDS belt plz PM me and show me the way...

Looks great man, very nice indeed B)

And i think the last person in your predicament decided to get a replacement ammo belt and kept the sds part as is, there's always that option :duim:

I've been trying. I even called sds this week and spoke to them. AA hasn't got back to me. I'll pm you...

anyways I'm happy with my AP and I am VEEEERRRRYYY thankful for you all here for your comments and coaching. As I said at the outset of the thread, this was going to be a "what I learned from everyone else," and it's true. ;)

Looks great man, very nice indeed B)

And i think the last person in your predicament decided to get a replacement ammo belt and kept the sds part as is, there's always that option :duim: