Darth Munchies TK modification

So the TK I got from another garrison member was in need of some TLC. After getting all the scuffs off the armor and opening up some pieces to make them fit better I finally did a test suit up.

Note: I'm waiting on my neck seal, and boots. Also the parts I opened up are being held closed with vinyl tape so overlooking all that, here we go. 

Please offer any suggestions as I'm more interested in opinions and ideas at this point than anything to get an idea of what needs to be done to get this approved.

Also note, it appears this was put together with CA glue or some other kind of bonding agent that wasn't intended to be separated, this makes moving things around a bit difficult.

STFront_zpsbe730444.jpg

STBack_zpsc9fa7020.jpg

STLSide_zps82920b31.jpg

Those boots need a little updating ;)  but not a bad job. Along with the other great suggestions, I would raise up your belt as well. It should be positioned right under your ab button plate You do plan on using something other than tape to hold the backs of your thighs and shins together, right? The elastic strap that is holding your back and chest should be moved up a few inches so it can't be seen. 501st approval is not far away!!! Keep it up!

Lol yea I know, the boots are on order from TK boots and should be here next week. I can move the strap holding the chest up without much difficulty. As for the belt, that's gonna take some doing, it's got snaps already in place.

As for the tape, well I wanted to see how it all fit before I committed to gluing it back together. So while I know the tape is awesome, it won't be staying :P

I'll probably be opening up the forearms as well as they're really loose. 

Thanks for the suggestions Steve.  :duim:

One thing I was personally concerned about is the kidney plate. It's under the back of the chest armor and I haven't seen any pics where it's that way. Should I consider trimming the plate down below the back piece?

Edited by Darth Munchies

Well that is just the nature of that particular armor set. You are correct that most other armors are not overlapping, but that is because they were built that way. You could do some trimming but you would probably be better off ordering a different back plate as the more accurate armors have much smaller backs.

I didn't see it specified in the CRL for any gap or overlap, so I guess for basic approval would it be passable?

You are good to go for basic 501st. But I don't know if the 4 rivets on the holster will pass for a stunt TK.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Tolo

I think the previous owner was going off the hero version.

The holster is correct per the hero CRL.

The bucket and handguards are not correct for hero. It's a hybrid costume loll

There are a lot of new troopers who go off one image and think it's how they all should be. It happens. You are better off staying with the "stunt" version seeing as your helmet would need to be completely re-build for the hero version. Eric and Matt were correct by mentioning the 4 rivet attachments. This needs to be changed to 2 placed in the lower third portion of the belt. Once your accessories arrive, you should be good for basic approval. I still would try to raise your belt a little for a more balanced look.

Ok sticking with the stunt, I'm really looking for foot in the door at this point. Fell into this TK waiting for my Vader parts to ship. So if I can get approved then I can make more accurate modifications as time goes on.

You don't have alot to do for your basic approval! Now get going, we need more TK's ;)