TD backpack

Just wondering abound the sandy, it says on 501st website that the backpack is not required, but it also says that there where sandys without pauldron, shoulder-pouch and backpack

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TD_sandtrooper

So my question, can i build a sandy without backpack and still wear pauldron and shoulder-pouch?

Granted, I'm no expert, but reading the CRL you must have the pauldron and ammo pouch if you're building a TD.  Backpack and weapons are optional but encouraged.  So the answer to your question is:  Yes.  You can build a sandy without backpack and still wear pauldron and shoulder-pouch.  To state it accurately, if you build a TD, you MUST wear the pauldron and shoulder pouch.

You'll find as you do more studying that there are a lot of "odd" uniforms and armor configurations that appear on screen in the films.  Even though they appear on screen though, that doesn't mean that the particular configuration is acceptable for 501st approval.  The CRLs are always going to give you the guidance that you need to complete a uniform for basic approval (and higher levels where applicable).  If you pay attention to the movies, you'll see TKs with no tube stripes, no mic tips, tape on their armor, missing pieces, etc but that doesn't make it acceptable.

Edited by Dark CMF

Just wondering abound the sandy, it says on 501st website that the backpack is not required, but it also says that there where sandys without pauldron, shoulder-pouch and backpack

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TD_sandtrooper

So my question, can i build a sandy without backpack and still wear pauldron and shoulder-pouch?

If you take a tour on the MEPD board, they are experts on sandtroopers. They will help you with all your approuval questions. ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks alot. Really appreciate it.

Been reading on the MEPD board now, and it seem that you cannot have that configuration without an backpack.

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=7251

I think the shoulder-pouch is one among the coolest details, and you have to have a backpack for it.

Edited by hairball

So my question, can i build a sandy without backpack and still wear pauldron and shoulder-pouch?

Yes you can have a TD with pouches and a pauldron as long as you have 2 pouches in any location (left shoulder or either hip). Backpack is optional. This is for 501st acceptance, not Deployed officer or Swat.

The armor is of course different from a TK.

Edited by pandatrooper

• 2 weeks later...