Staz-On Helmet insert Help

Ratchet

I have a MAS  Staz-On (pic below) as it was supplied with my NE Armour does anybody have any fitting tips?

So far the bucket is larger than the safety helmet it was designed to fit.

I like the idea of this as I imagine it would allow better airflow around your head as apposed to using foam and ensure the bucket moves with your head.

So any thoughts or idea and suggestions are most welcome.

post-18690-0-99427600-1387152602_thumb.jpg

Ratchet

I opted for padding...

Happy thus far with how the helmet/bucket fits as well as overall comfort.

------

Hope this helps...

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 12/16/2013 at 8:52 AM, kylebeagle said:

I opted for padding...

Happy thus far with how the helmet/bucket fits as well as overall comfort.

--------

Hope this helps...

Is there any kind of pictorial that shows how to place these inside a helmet?  I have an ATA helmet and am in the final stages of it.  I'm looking for padding solutions and this seems like a good way to go.

Not really... You have to experiment at works best for you.

The large circle goes top middle.

The (4) rectangles around the top middle forming a square. (Front/Back and Sides)

The (2) squares are position near the ears at the backside of each side of lenses. (Left/Right Side)

Hope this helps... I find it very comfortable.  You can re-position as the they stick to there plastic side of the Velcro.

Not really... You have to experiment at works best for you.

The large circle goes top middle.

The (4) rectangles around the top middle forming a square. (Front/Back and Sides)

The (2) squares are position near the ears at the backside of each side of lenses. (Left/Right Side)

Hope this helps... I find it very comfortable.  You can re-position as the they stick to there plastic side of the Velcro.

Describing the positioning of the pieces definitely helps.  What are the velcro pieces?  Are those the black circles I see in the pics?  And if so, are they just an adhesive on one side that you stick to the helmet?

Also, do I stick the circles in the top middle / around the top middle ?

The way I have my lens, I have it as one big piece that is held on by holes on each side that fit over the ear screws.  I don't think I'd be able to use the 2 squares in the position you are referring to with that setup.

Describing the positioning of the pieces definitely helps.  What are the velcro pieces?  Are those the black circles I see in the pics?  And if so, are they just an adhesive on one side that you stick to the helmet?

Also, do I stick the circles in the top middle / around the top middle ?

The way I have my lens, I have it as one big piece that is held on by holes on each side that fit over the ear screws.  I don't think I'd be able to use the 2 squares in the position you are referring to with that setup.

Excellent.  Yes, the black circles (Loop Side of Velcro)... Yes, just adhesive that sticks to the helmet.

Yes.  Experiment with the position of the pads prior to placing the black circles.

The squares are positioned behind the screws on each side of the lenses.

You can start with some blue tape that will hold the pads in while you experiment with positioning.

Excellent.  Yes, the black circles (Loop Side of Velcro)... Yes, just adhesive that sticks to the helmet.

Yes.  Experiment with the position of the pads prior to placing the black circles.

The squares are positioned behind the screws on each side of the lenses.

You can start with some blue tape that will hold the pads in while you experiment with positioning.

I gotcha.   Thanks for the tips!  I will order this pad kit and try it out.