Painting the Helmet

It won't. some people use truck bed liner which I don't like. I'd use just a light coat of black primer, and that's it, if anything. But its really not needed as its dark enough inside.

One thing I would suggest to people wanting a black interior is just buy a black helmet and paint it white. But not magmas, the read would be too hard to color match with the armor. Even as a shadow trooper I still paint the black helmet black because the materials don't match.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want a tough, durable matt black finish to the inside of your helmet use a 2-pack matt black. Your local automotive paint shop should have it and once the hardener has set it will be very scratch resistant. I've use truck bed liner paint and rubber paint which are all OK but the 2-pack is just that much better. Before painting the inside of your helmet make sure you use a black, plastic bumper flexible primer as it will give something for the paint to stick to. Good luck with the build mate. Will upload some pics when I've finished my helmet :)