Hero helmet shape

Ive heard many explanations and theories over time as to why the hero helmets look wider/flatter. I was just curios do we know for sure why the hero looks so different? Is there a general consensus on this? I do my best to try to know all I can about tks and all the histories, but this is one thing ive been thinking about a lot lately. I hope its not an old tired subject or anything like that  ^_^ I just think heros look so cool  :smiley-sw013:

Ive heard some people say they were different molds or that they were modified molds. I guess that at least the ear would be a different mold because it had 3 bumps instead of 4. I do wonder why some of the changes like that were made. Im just really curios about how different the stunt and hero really are and why they are different. 

Edited by psychotropic

As far as I know, the hero helmets were made from abs and the stunts were made from a different material and painted white. The hero helmets were for the close up shots and were made to a higher standard. 

Yea I know all the differences like frown, abs, ears, shallower eyes, bubble lenses, and all the stuff we have been talking about for ages. The differences I was talking about was more like how much wider the faceplate really is (as ive never held 2 real ones to compare), exactly how were the molds modified, and stuff like that. I just always felt like theres was more to know about the hero.