Final opinions requested before armor purchase

After a bunch of research and meeting up with my local garrison today, I have come to a decision on the type of armor I am going to purchase!  

I am going to get the Troopergear New NE lite kit and an ATA helmet.  From everything I've read, this combination combines affordability, quality, and accuracy to get me not only a 501st-approved TK costume, but the possibility of EIB or Centurion approval at a later time.

My one concern I had was whether or not I'd have any issue with color-matching Troopergear armor with an ATA helmet.  I have seen several suggestions on these forums to use Troopergear armor with an ATA helmet, so I don't think this is a concern, but I wanted to ask before reaching that final decision.

Any opinions on this armor/helmet combination are appreciated before I initiate the actual purchase.

That combo will work really well, the helmet does not have to match perfectly. 

But don't do it, if you arent 100% sure you are happy with the mismatch, no matter small, as it'll eat at you - I know, my TB lid was "slightly" different to the armour and I hated, hated, hated it, repainted it all and in the end, sold it! But I'm like that :)

But don't do it, if you arent 100% sure you are happy with the mismatch, no matter small, as it'll eat at you - I know, my TB lid was "slightly" different to the armour and I hated, hated, hated it, repainted it all and in the end, sold it! But I'm like that :)

You know what kaa?  You're absolutely right.  I have no idea of knowing if I will be fine with the mismatch, because the only way I'll know is when I see the ATA helmet and the Troopergear armor in front of me.

I'm getting a good deal on an ATA helmet from someone who has an extra one, so I'm going to order the full Troopergear set, with the helmet, and pay a little extra to also have the ATA helmet.

Worst case scenario - I don't like how the color of the ATA helmet matches with the Troopergear armor, so I build both helmets, wear the Troopergear helmet, and have an extra completed ATA helmet for a backup.  I pay a little more extra, but I get to have both helmets.

You know what kaa?  You're absolutely right.  I have no idea of knowing if I will be fine with the mismatch, because the only way I'll know is when I see the ATA helmet and the Troopergear armor in front of me.

I'm getting a good deal on an ATA helmet from someone who has an extra one, so I'm going to order the full Troopergear set, with the helmet, and pay a little extra to also have the ATA helmet.

Worst case scenario - I don't like how the color of the ATA helmet matches with the Troopergear armor, so I build both helmets, wear the Troopergear helmet, and have an extra completed ATA helmet for a backup.  I pay a little more extra, but I get to have both helmets.

Hi guys,

The match is fairly close. I troop with NE armor and ATA helmet and sometimes a CAP helmet that is painted gloss white and have no problems. You are better off with the ATA helmet, even if not a perfect match,  its more  accurate than NE helmet. The money you save on a lite kit can be spent on another helmet. 

Hi guys,

The match is fairly close. I troop with NE armor and ATA helmet and sometimes a CAP helmet that is painted gloss white and have no problems. You are better off with the ATA helmet, even if not a perfect match,  its more  accurate than NE helmet. The money you save on a lite kit can be spent on another helmet. 

Thanks for the info!  The purchase price of a full NE armor kit is the exact same price for me as buying a lite NE kit and a local garrison member's ATA helmet.  For an extra $100, I can get the full NE armor kit and an ATA helmet.  Then I'm able to have both helmets and have myself covered either way.  I can always user another helmet, right?  :)

Thanks for the info!  The purchase price of a full NE armor kit is the exact same price for me as buying a lite NE kit and a local garrison member's ATA helmet.  For an extra $100, I can get the full NE armor kit and an ATA helmet.  Then I'm able to have both helmets and have myself covered either way.  I can always user another helmet, right?   :)

Save the 100 bucks and buy an amp for your ATA helmet or tk boots :) Just a thought.