Seeking guidance on AP thighs.

Welcome to joys of armor building! First, have you fit them properly to you? If so, just trim the tall half to match the other. If you have the experience (or the confidence) you can create a return edge by gently heating just the edge with a hobby iron or if you are REALLY gutsy....a propane torch. Only do this, though if you have done something like this before or you have practiced

on scrap plastic

Torch is out of the question for me lol I would melt the armor and my hand! 

Anyway, I am looking into getting a hobby iron online anyways to add returns to other parts as well so I will take you advice on that one.

What of the gap at the bottom? it looks like its spaced out side to side but the piece on the right is actually just more protruding than the left one. Ignore it?

You have a couple options. Leave it, or You can trim it up a bit to prevent pinching, or if there is any wiggle room, take a little more off the middle seam to bring that gap together.

Truthfully, that is not really enough gap to affect status reports. Look at some of the centurion or rib submission pics to get an example of how other troopers trimmed up their thigh backs