Painting the Tube Stripes

So using the templates from Trooperbay, and well my first attempt went poorly.  Tried to follow their video also but still got lot of paint to leak out beyond the stencils.  The one they show in their video is very sticky and goes down well but the ones they sent me don't stick very well and on the curved surface they just wont stay perfectly flat despite me constantly rubbing it down with my nail.  It peels off super easy unlike their much stickier one in their video.  It didn't look that bad though when I did it, it seems to be pretty secure and I tried to paint slowly.  Is there any way to make the templates stick better or tricks to this?

Waiting for it to dry to see if I can salvage it by scraping off and retouching it by hand.  Gonna see about using a tooth pick with a little thinner on it when its dried a bit to see if I can easily edit the mistake out then just retouch lightly with a small brush.

Using less paint with the stencil might be good idea also?  I didn't feel like I was using too much and tried to go light, but so much seemed to leaked beyond it.  Only did one so far so hope I can do the 2nd one right.

Edited by PanzerKraken