ROTJ Boot differences

bjsavage7

For the first two original films, we know the boots looked pretty much the same: black jodhpurs painted white with the soles left black. Totally Killer boots work wonderfully for those.

For ROTJ, we can see in stills that most boots also looked like this, with the exception of the soles being white or off-white. OK, Paint the soles white & call it good, right?

However there appears to be a few slight differences in some of the ROTJ boots that I cannot find any discussions on.

The TKs in the deleted bunker scene look like they have very shiny/stretchy boots that almost look like they have white vinyl wrapped around them. Sounds odd, but hey, that's what they did for Biker Scouts.

We also see some boots on Endor that look like the sole is either very off-white (or possibly very dirty) or tan in color. I tried to find some good screen caps, but couldn't find any.

I've seen boots on the promo photo trooper that look like they possibly have a zipper on the inner side. Probably wasn't in the movie, but who knows?

Has anyone went so far as to recreate any of these special "looks" on their boots?

I used to think the old plastic/shiny pleather Caboots were absolutely terrible, but after re-watching ROTJ a few times in a row, I'm thinking they were a bit similar to their appearance.