AP armor paint color

I have an AP kit and ordered some extra ABS from Trooperbay - couldn't wait for extra ABS to ship from Canada. I'm just using it for cover strips on the legs, side shims and snap plates. I'd like to try and match the white of the AP armor, Trooperbay's is decent quality but it's more off-white.

This photo doesn't show the best lighting but the strip is slightly more magenta-ish.

post-17726-0-05623000-1356905475.jpg

Anyone have any recommendations for abs paint on the cover strips to match the AP color?

Thanks!

Edited by 8BitBry

It is worth considering that the unpainted ABS will yellow much faster than any paint, so even if you come up with a good match, it won't stay that way. I would either ignore it, paint the whole suit or bite the bullet and wait for the Canadian post. Or glue on the mismatched strips with a temporary adhesive so they can be removed and replaced when you finally get the good plastic. (If you have an inner strip, it can take the load).

It is worth considering that the unpainted ABS will yellow much faster than any paint, so even if you come up with a good match, it won't stay that way. I would either ignore it, paint the whole suit or bite the bullet and wait for the Canadian post. Or glue on the mismatched strips with a temporary adhesive so they can be removed and replaced when you finally get the good plastic. (If you have an inner strip, it can take the load).

Thanks Barry. I used E6K for this reason. I'll contact AP for some extra sheets to replace what I have started on my shins.

I have extra cover strips from AP and I live in california.

how much do you need?

Enough to redo cover strips on legs and shim the sides. PM sent! :)

Edited by 8BitBry