Fritzthfox's ANH Stunt build (T/MC)

fritzthefox

Just an addendum to my build thread: my first troop and what I learned.

My first troop was a three hour stint at Dayton Tech Fest, a technology expo for students. It went remarkably well. A great turnout, including our local Vader, who is quite impressive. He certainly impressed Christopher Columbus...

inquisition.jpg

No armor bites at all, to which I attribute to research on this forum and my ridiculously small frame. (It's hard for armor to pinch you when you are skinny enough to slip through a mail slot carrying a tuba.) My first act as a new stormtrooper was to walk into the table nearest me on the way out of the changing room. Fortunately, my armor protected me from harm. I was then immediately accosted for the first of 10,597 photo ops. It took less than one hour for someone to comment that I was a little short to be a stormtrooper. I have already had citations printed up in the event this happens again...

ticket_web.jpg

Happily, at no time during the three hours did my bladder demand that I make an emergency egress from my armor. This surprised me, because I'm pushing fifty and have the bladder capacity of a cocker spaniel, but I guess the fear of staining my armor was sufficient to keep this biologic necessity at bay.

My helmet does not fog at all, and I have no explanation for this. It could be that my aging vision is so bad that it really does fog up and I am simply mistaking it for cataracts.

Nothing fell off of my armor, and my shoulder bells even stayed put. I did have a brief scare when it finally occurred to me that keeping my credit card and driver's license inside my drop boxes, made functional via the magic of rare-earth magnets, was probably not such a good idea, since the magnetic stripes on the back don't play well with other magnetic fields. Fortunately, my credit card continues to work as before, instantly reporting my fiscal unworthiness to whomever I try to pay with it. In the future, I think I will keep them elsewhere, though.

The TK Boots were supremely comfortable. And very groovy.

I could not hear very well, and nobody could hear me, so I will either have to acquire some electronics or make some flash cards. I guess I can keep them in my drop boxes.

Overall, very happy with my kit and thrilled to be trooping. See you round the galaxy...

Edited by fritzthefox

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I loved every post and your commentary. Looks awesome! I'm building a T/MC set as a TD and will definitely be using this thread as a reference.