Bewbie starting to kit up & I dodnt even realize it

G'day everyone,

It would seem I've been a 'closet' stormtrooper since 1978 (I think) when all the other kids in my class were screaming support for the Rebel Alliance, all I wanted to do was get my hands on an E-11 & go to town. I was 10 then, my feelings havent changed but I'm 44 now ;-)

Now the other day I bought an EFX (ANH) Stormtrooper helmet for $199AUD + a Hasbro 1996 E-11 that I will convert (with only 10% vision laft after a recent stroke it would seem I like a challenge lol)!

It would seem to me that I have the begginings of a Stormtrooper 'kit' (oh dear - my wife will KILL me lol)

Can anyone tell me if I got a good deal on the EFX helmet ($199.99AUD) & the soon to be converted Hasbro E-11 ($54USD)? Please be honest as if I didnt do well I'd rather improve than 'plod' along with sub standard gear.

Oh, this has nothing to do with anything much but when I was in the Army Reserve here in Australia, one of the weapons I was trained on was...... The Stirling that everyone seems to love lol! Damn awful machine guns (bloody inacurate) but FUN to fire lol

Hope to hear back from you guys soon

Gray :-)

Hi Gray,

If anyone on here is going to be brutally honest it's probably going to be me.

The eFX helmet is a licenced collectors helmet.

It's great as a show piece to display at home and for your friends to see.

However it's not very accurate and actually quite ugly when you get into this hobby and compare to other helmets.

If you wish to use this helmet for your trooping you will need to do some mods to it.

Search for MRCE helmet mods of eFX helmet mods.

You will however de value your helmet if you mod it.

It you want a display helmet then keep it.

It you want to troop in it then sell it on rather than mod it is my advice.

May people use the Hasbro blaster and mod it to look more orginal.

You won't loose money modding yours to make it more accurate.

You can basic clear and EIB clear with a Hasbro, but it is not accurate enough for centurion.

Browse through the EIB and Centurion requests to familiarise yourself with different armour brands, compared to troopers sizes and see close up detail of the kit and blasters to help you make an informed choice on what kit to go for.

Hope my replies help you mate.

Thanks Funky,

Thats the kind of advice I'm looking for.

I spent 30 years doing Living History as a hobby so I hate not getting it right.

Pitt about the helmet but hey all is not lost as I'm going to take my time collecting 'kit' & might try my hand at making PVC E-11's (any kit suggestions?) & if I can do that I might be able to 'finance' my new interest without copping a shelacking from the wife lol

Thanks Funky

Oh is anyone else having trouble with the iphone app? It wont take my username or password or either....

Cheers Troopers

I use the Tapatalk app on the iPhone / iPad and its great.

If you choose to sell your eFX helmet, you shouldn't loose any money, especially if it is boxed.

There are many great e11 pipe builds and you can buy doopy doo add ons to it for extra detail if desired.