ab plate and kidney plate - touching? gap? - AM armor

if the armor fits you well then there should be no gap.

If you are like me and are bigger than the traditional troopers you are probably going to have a gap there. People have closed those with shims to varying degrees of sucess.

and Ideally the kidney and ab would set even, but if you are tall it may be that the strapping you have done is pulling up the kidney because it cannot flex enough. I would not kut your kidney though it is hard to say without a picture. Just loosen the connections from the back to the kidney until it sits even with the Ab.

Here is a picture of mine, and you can see I have a gap I have not closed with a shim yet, and also you can see that the kidney is a little out of line with the ab. part of that is my raised arms, but it used to set even higher until I lengthened my connections between back and kidney.

L2WIyK1.jpg

I have the same issue and was wondering how to shim it and make it look good. I'll have to do some research here, but I was attempting to close the left side with the split rivets using a piece of elastic fabric to join the ab/kidney. The gap is over 1/2" maybe an inch or so.