Is it worth getting a Rubies stormtrooper?

squirt40

I can vouch for CFO. I just got a suit from Mark, and unless you can get a rubies for 100 bucks I just can't see how you could look at that thing and buy it.

Just be aware your body size may make a difference.

For me I am on the larger side and somewhat muscular. No I am not a heman, but I am not a stick either.

The CFO suit is cast from a real ROTJ stormtrooper suit which was made for guys about 5'7" and about 150 pounds.

So while the torso can fit becasue there are alot of adjustments there, the biceps are snug, and the legs require shims for me to close.

If you are a bigger guy you may want to look at RT/mod, or a combination of CFO/RTmod.

I can attest to the fact that even though you want a suit as soon as possible and you want to get crackin and get the cheapest possible, you will find unless you just want a costume, rushing things will cost you more in the long run than slowing down and spending the extra money to get a great suit.

Rushing things and trying to cut corners will make you unsatisfied and the amount of work you will need to spend to make yourself happy with the suit will be discouraging.

It really comes down to if you want a costume or a Prop Replica.

as mentioned above there are some great venders that offer quality suits that are not cast from a 'real" trooper suit and are a little cheaper/allow more wiggle room in fitting.

I have an FX suit I bought from galaxy trading way back when it was really the only option. After I found this site, I started looking at the work it would take to make it as good as some of the other suits here, and I quickly discovered that what I wanted was a Prop Replica and NOT a costume. It was easier for me to just buy quality Armours than to modify the FX. Ill probably sell my FX on Ebay closer to Halloween, because to me it looks like a costume now instead of a stormtrooper, and it looks 1000 times better than that rubies monstrosity (once i tossed the FX bucket and added a TE lid).

Edited by rhapsodyred99

• 1 month later...

.....O.....k;( so wat can u tell an idiot like me who already bought one in hope of 501st before knowing these forums existed:) besides sell it

Errrmmmm..... sell it! :laugh1:

If you like the look of ROTJ then get one from me or if you like ANH/ESB there are plenty of great vendors on here with various options for different budgets......

By the time you've spent all your money, time and effort making the Rubies anywhere near acceptable you could buy a new suit. You will be much happier.

• 6 months later...