James' AM+ATA build

Well It's time I got started with my build thread. Of course I haven't been around long but I got lucky and fell into the middle of 2 armor parties less than a month apart!

http://www.whitearmo...380#entry249593 this is the first armor party I got to attend I'm the guy in the orange up top pretending to put on his lid. Brian was super helpful!

So this is more of a please tell me that everything sorta looks right build thread. I still have quite a bit to do but first up I'd like to know that everything looks right so far.

First up the dubious box:

Box.jpg

Out of the box:

unbox.jpg

This is what I have so far:

43.jpg

I took almost a full inch off the tops of the thighs and they are a little rough up top but I wanted to wait until they are glued before I knock off the high spots and sand them back to a nice smooth curve. I may do a return edge there but, I haven't gotten brave enough to attempt that yet. So what do you guys think about the thighs? I have it all tied together with a normal old belt and I was talking with one of my other garrison members about the chin on chest issue. I think I have the chest pulled up a bit to far right now. It's all taped so easy fixes once I know which way to go.

46.jpg

The back. As most will note the overlap on the back and kidney are well its a bunch. So I may end up cutting the back and kidney both one to get the elongated look out of the back and the kidney because it overlaps so much that I can't take it all out of the back. I haven't cut the backs of the shins yet but they are marked and fitted.

I'll get some better pics of my lid to I'm really pretty happy with the way it has turned out so far.

So that's about it for right now question and comments please!

With the Ab lined up in the front and back:

DSC_1249.jpg

You can see the gap at the crotch here a little heat and a bend should fix that though.

DSC_1250.jpg

Adding the thigh:

DSC_1252.jpg

DSC_1253.jpg

I was getting hung up a bit here with the top of the thigh the butt was pushing it down a bit.

Jacking the chest up a bit

DSC_1257.jpg

I’m still going to have problems popping over the buttons but it’s better than before.

I still think about an inch needs to come off but here is where it is now.

DSC_1258.jpg

The side I’m unsure of I’m thinking an inch to inch and a half.

Ok the next series is question more than anything:

DSC_1262.jpg

DSC_1263.jpg

DSC_1264.jpg

DSC_1265.jpg

Is mobility really this limited? I’m not complaining because it is what it is and I’m going to be a stormtrooper regardless!

Ok now here is my cover strip deal:

DSC_1266.jpg

DSC_1267.jpg

See how it is like an almost perfect match kind of thing! I like the look but if that’s going to be an issue I’ll do standard cover strips I like the look though! I know it’s extreme in the pics that strip is like 64mm wide!

:P

Edited by Valgars

the cover strip should end where it meets the detailed area at the end of the thigh and yes thats way too wide,you should be able to see some of the raised area where the two half's meet.

anhupperleftthigh2.jpg

Edited by DudeSidious

• 2 weeks later...

So I got a little tied up with some other stuff but now I'm back.

So I think I have the chest in the right place now.

93.jpg

I'm still working on the back it's sticking out a bit but I haven't taken anything else off the shoulders just yet. What do you guys think? Here's the side.

94.jpg

I'm really pretty happy with the Ab and Kidney.

97.jpg

Granted there's nothing holding it together but the belt so I don't have a strap to help line it up yet.

Here's what has really been eating up my time!

89.jpg

!!!OMG OMG OMG!!!

well that's what it was like when I started but now it's looking pretty good if I do say so myself.

98.jpg

99.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

Hey it's Mr. No stripes! No wait Mr. No brow/vents/neck trim! :storm:

Looking good sir! I have the same build (am/ata). You'll eventually cut the sides of the chest down so they look less like wrap around wings and the back armor is more square. If you search for some screen captures in regards to this you'll see where you need to trim. For mine It was about 2-3 inches off the sides of the front of the chest. You will also get a better fit if you trim the tops off the chest and back armor (the flaps that go over your shoulders). You will have webbing that connects those together and gets covered by the shoulder straps. Here is a pic where you can see the sides of the back and chest a little better.

scan0002lw8.jpg

Sorry about the short little notes but I wanted to get you some feedback while the wife is yelling to come eat dinner. Hope this helps buddy!

Edited by theisaac

Thanks Isaac! Yeah I was going to get some additional pics up tonight of the shoulders and from the back. Tkrestonva is my goto guy and in my future garrison and he thinks the same thing is happening. I think about 1/2 to 1/4 inch needs to come chest still and something like 2 or so off the back. I was feeling a little under the weather today so hopefully tomorrow I can get suited up and get some pics up and see where to head next. I'm hoping to be done and maybe even approved before the starwars reads events start up.