Peace bonding an e-11?

I am scheduled to help out as part of the welcome committee in a couple weeks at a local camp. They have a Star Wars derived theme and were ecstatic about having a TK on-site.

I have a team put together to help me out, and we've gone over the basic safety considerations, visibility, mobility, crowd control etc. I have hydration breaks scheduled.

My one major concern is the blaster. Given my prior experiences in the public school system, I lean towards keeping it holstered the entire time, since kids are present. I've heard mention on the boards that having it stealthily taken out of the holster and grow wings is at times an issue. I've been considering making a hole in the back of the leather holster to run a zip tie through - effectively peace bonding it and making it much harder to remove without my explicit notice.

Has anyone else done this?

Are there any suggestions in dealing with large crowds of kids? (400+ of them)?

Would you even take your weapon with or leave it home?

Has anyone ever had trouble with the general public getting nervous about the faux weaponry?

I always make sure my handler keeps an eye on the little ones. They do tend to be a bit grabby on the weaponry. Although, I'm usually holding my weapon. I live in Texas and I guess we do not have as many issues with SW blasters in public. I've even had the Police come up and check out my blasters. They dig it and are amazed at the weight (of a Hyperfirm) and how detailed they can be.