Noob needs help!

Emilio Estevez

Hi ! I've been offered this kit for 500$. As I don't know much regarding Stormtrooper's kit, I'm asking for you help :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180918269194?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648#ht_1791wt_1179

Think it will worth it ? Does it seems like a cheap recast ?

Thank you !

Phil

Stay away!

It's not even the same armour on the 3 different pictures, it's 3 different armours.

Ok thanks for the fast reply ! I've read a little bit on this forum, I know you do not recommend eBay's kit at ALL, but I've been also a little confused with all the Accronyms and Fan Made available armors.

Do you have names of the best armor builder on this site ? I will contact them and likely buy directly.

Thanks a lot!

Phil

Hi, and thanks for checking with us first. It'll save you a lot of trouble. :)

You're looking for this list: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11538&st=0

Good luck!

Thank you very much, Math! Contacted Paul at TM and I'm gonna order from him. Better start on the good foot !

I think you're going to be very happy with a TM kit. :)

I totally agree with Mathias - Paul's armor is just awesome.

Well I surely trust you all! It's a little expensive due to the conversion of GBP to Canadian Dollar BUT I'm pretty sure it worth the extra money. Beside, I don't want to buy a cheap one, get stoked with it and eventually had to buy the real deal.

Better to spend a little extra on something you won't be replacing anytime soon. Saves you money in the long run, and gives more satisfaction in knowing you have the good stuff.

I saw on the topic you posted that the avg. Stormtrooper is 5'10'' and 165lbs and that TM kits aren't recommended for ''tall'' guys... I don't consider myself tall ( got several friends of 6'7'' :lol: ) but I'm 6'2'' and 185lbs. Will it still be perfect fit ? I'm thinking of ordering is pre-assembled/ready to wear for the only reason that I don't want to scrap a 2000$ suit :blink:

Yeah, the TM should still fit you nicely. And apparently (something I learned today) TM has extra tall shins, so you could ask for those. That would help I think. But it'd be best to ask TM himself.

There just a lot of scammers on there. Stick to the forums and ask around. Most of us like Stormtrooper armor too, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding someone to talk to about this stuff. ;) Have fun!

Jess

One thing I find interesting is that he has a shot of a guy wearing a suit by one maker, then a full un-trimmed kit that is made by someone else. then a 3rd photo of a finished kit that is again, by a different maker. You have three different helmets featured on that listing alone. Just seems fishy to me.

Edited by TK_LEPER

One thing I find interesting is that he has a shot of a guy wearing a suit by one maker, then a full un-trimmed kit that is made by someone else. then a 3rd photo of a finished kit that is again, by a different maker. You have three different helmets featured on that listing alone. Just seems fishy to me.

Now that I've done my homeworks and read every single pages from the Getting Started, Tutorial and whatever, I'm able to tell the difference between Hero and Stunt and also from wich Episode it is. But, even if I'm a big fan of SW, there's nothing that look more like a Stormtrooper armor than an other Stormtrooper suit... :smiley-sw013: