Chuck's Canon ESB E-11 Build Thread

chuckisme

In a nutshell, it's not done yet. I've had it that close to finishing plenty of times, and then messed something up. That something is invariably either the scope (VERY close now) or the detail parts (stock, sights, magazine and mag housing, etc). So currently, the blaster consists of the barrel (the same one that I've had since starting), some plastic (which is what I'm making the detail parts out of, and the bane of my existence because it's finicky stuff), and the scope, which now just needs painting and some detail work. Pictures to come shortly.

OK people, here's some stuff.

plbBl9d.jpg

This is where I was up to mid-March, and I'm pretty much in the same spot now. Uni is taking up around 36 hours per week (ergh ...) which leaves the weekend for armour and blaster building. I'm using a different type of plastic than the one shown above (High Impact Acrylic; the other one is as well, but a different type of it), since this one doesn't easily score and snap, but is more rigid.

2JDpwA2.jpg

And my scope. It has had some minor difficulties associated with it, but is just about finished now. It looks a bit different to this at the moment (because of a botched paint job, and the associated removal and repair), but should be finished by the end of this weekend.

That's all for now,

Stay tuned!

Looks very interesting. Whats your plan with the cut down inner tube?

Ah! I forgot. Inside that length of pipe (which is 25mm diameter) is a length of 15mm pipe which has an array of 20 red LEDs, and a piece of reflective plastic. The end of this sits inside the muzzle, and is separated from the outside world by two discs of perspex sandwiching a piece of red cellophane. Ooh! KotOR just finished loading! But I digress ... There is a rack of three switches that will be mounted on the barrel, inside the mag housing. These switches control the barrel lights, an LED mounted in the scope as backlighting for my reticule, and a master switch for the entire circuit. The barrel lights are also controlled by a momentary switch, which will be mounted in the handle, in series with the master switch bed.

I've had to fix my original attempt at the muzzle though, since the bayonet disc was a little off centre, and a weird super glue/wire reaction had happened (which I found when I pulled the inner barrel tube out), so I decided to redo the whole of that. Hope that clarifies it?

Edited by chuckisme

I thought I'd best put this up as well ... The soldering was a bit shoddy, and the muzzle discs didn't line up properly (it slipped as I clamped it, and I didn't notice it until after the glue had dried). This in addition to the super glue reaction already mentioned above.

XTcGN91.jpg