Did not head the warnings and SDS assembled does not fit - Need options

Just a heads-up Pete unless they have a TAG account they won't be able to see the contents of that link. ;) Well, they shouldn't be able to anyway.

Just a heads-up Pete unless they have a TAG account they won't be able to see the contents of that link. ;) Well, they shouldn't be able to anyway.

Thanks, I just copied & pasted Nicks "nick name" from TAG because I forgot how to "spell' it... lol and then I could not find a way of removing the hyperlink so I left it but removed now.

Edited by ScorpioPete

Hi Peter,

Glad this all worked out for you in the end. Sounds like AA did the classy thing for you and made things right.

My build was the one you were talking about with the AM kit. Troopermaster kits would fit our body style as well with a little shimming on the ab / kidney plates. In fact his forearms are either the same size or just a little smaller than mine in person Im told.

Some things to expect when building your suit with a weight lifter body is that the shoulders will flare out. I've messed with the position of them and its just something that is going ot happen because of how wide our shoulders are. The other thing is that if you have a big neck / trap muscles it will lift the shoulder straps up and make the chest armor float up and out. I was able to solve that with straps connecting the chest and the ab plate. Im sure the crew from TAG will know how to do all of this. I can show you pictures or take a video of mine if you need some ideas. I'll be glad to give you ideas of what worked and didnt work for mine if you need them.

In the end, yes you can make a suit fit people with our build so dont give up that idea.

You'll have to be creative but thats part of the fun of building your suit!

good Luck

Isaac

Hi Peter,

Glad this all worked out for you in the end. Sounds like AA did the classy thing for you and made things right.

My build was the one you were talking about with the AM kit. Troopermaster kits would fit our body style as well with a little shimming on the ab / kidney plates. In fact his forearms are either the same size or just a little smaller than mine in person Im told.

Some things to expect when building your suit with a weight lifter body is that the shoulders will flare out. I've messed with the position of them and its just something that is going ot happen because of how wide our shoulders are. The other thing is that if you have a big neck / trap muscles it will lift the shoulder straps up and make the chest armor float up and out. I was able to solve that with straps connecting the chest and the ab plate. Im sure the crew from TAG will know how to do all of this. I can show you pictures or take a video of mine if you need some ideas. I'll be glad to give you ideas of what worked and didnt work for mine if you need them.

In the end, yes you can make a suit fit people with our build so dont give up that idea.

You'll have to be creative but thats part of the fun of building your suit!

good Luck

Isaac

Thanks Isaac (I though it was Sergeant until I reliased that was the rank ... I've tagged 'following" your build so I did not need to keep searching for it...

Re Traps: Last Thursday I tried my armour on again and noticed my shoulder trapezius are fairly broad (good for rugby and I used to enjoy weight lifting and dead lifting) this explains why my chest plate did float up although, I did not initially notice but now it's quite evident. I'll be taking your advice and investigate the strapping.

My original thoughts were to go trooper master or RT-MODS however, I went SDS and I'm still happy with the quality I'll just NEVER go assembled.

Andrew from SDS is sending me new untrimmed and unglues pieces so I'll see how I go and if I run into trouble (or prempt trouble I'll hit you up for some advice)

I've been reading through your post and thanks for a superb post and detail as your post has been superbly helpful.

Cheers, man, Peter