My TE2 Renovation

I started with an AM kit to get in the Legion. It was fast shipping and an easy build, and I had a lot of fun times with the kit. To me, white stormtrooper is the classic Star Wars look. Unfortunately, I was normally the only TK at events, and I felt like I stood out with the majority of folks being clone. I ordered up a realistic Rex, and really learned about armor building putting the kit together. A good friend blew the engine on his van, and need to sell his clone to fund a new set of wheels. I gave my AM to him so he could keep on trooping, but I missed my white plastic.

I always wanted a TE2, especially since I live in Hawaii, but sadly, there have been no TE2 pulls for some time now.

Femtrooper Juie surprised me at Christmas with a used ANH Hero TE2 kit from our FISD founder, Daetrin.

The kit had seen some miles, and was certainly loved in it's five years with Paul. I am close to Paul's ht, but a bit thicker in the middle :) With a 2" side shim, it fit fine. The paint was a bit "egg-shell", and there were some cracked out pieces on the thighs and other areas. We cut patches and spliced them in, and went to work on the paint. It is all enamel rattle can, but is 3 layers with wet sanding in between each coat. The top coat was color sanded to 2000 grit and then machine polished. I think I have a shine that beats ABS, it is really "deep." We replaced the velco/snap system with new snap plates, and added the EIB details, along with a new belt.

It was an honor for the armor's re-debut be at the 2012 Kawaii Kon, wearing it around the crowd as TE2 discussed the lineage of Tk armor.

SO here is the final result. I messed up the holster location at first, and had to shift it back. I have small patches over the old holes. I have a new belt to swap out this week. The brow trim drooped a bit, I need to put some glue on there to keep that from repeating. The side does close better, I just need a good hanker helping me suit up instead of my son! I just need to add the white elastic for EIB submission.

Feel free to make any criticisms, with the history of this set, I want it to be a top notch build!

RD6xZrh.jpg

zxKIPsz.jpg

GijoNgp.jpg

fyCq3Pt.jpg

7yeJ8Lm.jpg

YJXZ6LO.jpg

HDMvbQm.jpg

ymdNjQP.jpg

The armor looks great! You could never tell it was used.

I have to comment on that brow though. It definelty looks like your checking somebody out with that classic "Heyy there" look. ;)

Should go over well with the ladies.