Straps / Snaps / Elastic / Velco WTF?

So I am a few weeks out from my kit arrival and I'm in research mode. I've read many how-tos, watched Dave's Garage to get an idea of what it will take and well just read a lot. I purchased some white velcro and I understand where I will be using this most. I'm confused by the elastic and the straps really. Can someone please verify / comment on my following statements / quetions?

1) The black polypropelene straps (have no give) are used for connecting each piece of the arms, connecting the chest to the ab and cod, and the thigh to shin.

2) The black nylon elastic bands are used for connecting the arms to the top (under the chest and back plate)

3) Everything gets snaps- just follow TK-300's instructions on what gets a male and what gets a female snap..

4) On an ANH build, what do I use to connect the front to the back of the costume?

5) What else are the elastic bands for?

Ha ha ha - know th feeling mate - I was there this time last year!!

I'm sure someone will jusmp in if I'm wrong but here's my take:

1) The black polypropelene straps (have no give) are used for connecting each piece of the arms, connecting the chest to the ab and cod, and the thigh to shin....the only thing I use webbing for is to connect the chest plate to the back plate over the shoulders - the traditionalists on here use (white) elastic for this. I also use webbing on the female snappers, rather than plastic and also on the male snappers to give 'em a bit of extra strength

2) The black nylon elastic bands are used for connecting the arms to the top (under the chest and back plate)...not sure what you mean here? I hang my arm sections off the shoulder webbing (see above). Snapper on bridge to the top of the bell & down to bicep - then run another piece of black elastic on the insie of the bicep to the forearm.

3) Everything gets snaps- just follow TK-300's instructions on what gets a male and what gets a female snap...that's what I did but it can be done other ways too

4) On an ANH build, what do I use to connect the front to the back of the costume? ....again this is a matter of opinion but I use black webbing over the shoulders, black elastic for the kidney/abs, the belt wraps around here also & elastic from the cod to butt

5) What else are the elastic bands for?....the very thin white ones? Traditionally the are to 'tie' the back floating setion of the shoulder bridge to the back plate