eldriks E-11 W.I.P build

@Sergio the lever was welded from the deactivation work I only cut the welding points and it was moving again :)

@Stefan not Bottrop they were located near my hometown in northern Germany ;) it was really a lucky accident...

@Sergio the lever was welded from the deactivation work I only cut the welding points and it was moving again :)

Thanks. I was thinking of looking at my own deact. Sterling since the lever moves, but not that much.

@Sergio the lever was welded from the deactivation work I only cut the welding points and it was moving again

Jens, with modifying the deac mods you have one foot in jail already. :blink:

A sterling (as a automatic, and especially due to it´s small size which allows to carry it hidden, iirr cause under 60cm) goes here under the Kriegswaffenkontrollgesetz, and a violation of that law is usually harder punished than having a live firing hunting rifle without permission, which would only fall under the regular gun-law.

If possible you should mod it back to it´s deac status the same way you got it.

Michael the weapon is still deactivated because there are non working inner parts the visible parts were fully cut, separated plus welded through the deactivation process so it still serves the purpose of a deco weapon and so is legal that's what my local weapon department told me!

If you exchange those parts and acquire working parts then you are really in trouble!

It's sad but true that you can't be 100% sure if someone will interpret the weapons law against you when you own a weapon even it was deactivated that's what you have to keep in mind if you want own one :X

@Stefan not Bottrop they were located near my hometown in northern Germany ;) it was really a lucky accident...

Thanks Jens. :) On my Sterling the lever works but doesn't cover all 3 positions, just 2 of them. It was like this when I got it with the deactivation certificate.

Jens, with modifying the deac mods you have one foot in jail already. :blink:

A sterling (as a automatic, and especially due to it´s small size which allows to carry it hidden, iirr cause under 60cm) goes here under the Kriegswaffenkontrollgesetz, and a violation of that law is usually harder punished than having a live firing hunting rifle without permission, which would only fall under the regular gun-law.

If possible you should mod it back to it´s deac status the same way you got it.

Talking about living on the edge :D

Jens, i had the same type of conversation, starting with local departments, ending at a discussion with the BKA weapons department.

Due to beeing a open bolt construction, the usual deactivation mods are not having the same effect. My selection lever is welded, and my trigger is moveable, but has no connection to the bolt (which is milled down but completly moveable), so it is as if there never was a trigger. On a standard gun that would make it non firing as the trigger releases the shot, on a open bolt automatic gun you could fire a full mag with just cocking and releasing the bolt ... but you couldn´t stop it from firing as long as rounds are in the mag, here the trigger catches the bolt in it´s end position between 2 rounds. I assume that´s why in the US they decided to the only deac that always works, cutting it in pieces.

That, in combination to it beeing a possible hidden automatic weapon due to beeing under 60cm, makes it already a walk on knifes edge when you don´t change anything just to toy around with additional moving parts. After all the BKA guys said "keep it as it was after deac, every change you do is one step further to jail - no matter if it really has any effect or not. Off course you can add the wanted scope and the other stuff, but don´t mess with anything deac related."

Also had some nice calls with the BaFa, the proof house and the customs. Not so easy to get a sterling out of Uk to germany.

Those demil. laws are very different ( new spec, old spec, german law ,englich law, bla bla blub )and the shipping condition for to import such a weapon is a mess.

Thanks Jens. :) On my Sterling the lever works but doesn't cover all 3 positions, just 2 of them. It was like this when I got it with the deactivation certificate.

Than you have an old spec sterling, deact. before 1994 in Uk.Or you have other laws in romania for that kind of weapons.

Michael the weapon is still deactivated because there are non working inner parts the visible parts were fully cut, separated plus welded through the deactivation process so it still serves the purpose of a deco weapon and so is legal that's what my local weapon department told me!

That doesn't matter,if you have manipulate something on that weapon it no longer match the certificate of the proof house.

Same like you remove the exhaust silencer on your motorbike, you no longer have a type apporval.

Well, let no one see it and no one will say something, show it to the wrong person and get big problems.

As always in life.

Edited by Turrican