sanding down the helmet/ how to best put on the decals

i am finishing up my bucket and i dont know how to put the decals..... i heard of using windex.... but im not sure i really heard the whole process. Also i am thinking about sanding the bottom of the helmet to be able to put it on without screwing it on any thoughts?????

Windex or water, either will work. Have a few paper towels handy. Wet the helmet, wet the decal. Put it on and it will be like hot butter sliding around on your helmet. Get the decals into place where you like them. Then, using your thumbs start "squeegie-ing" or pressing the water out of the decals. Start in the center of the decal and with your thumbs push outwards to get out the liquid from under the decal. Dab it with your paper towel to absorb the liquid. DO NOT panic if your decals are so wet they they actually curl back onto your thumbs, its typical. Just keep thumbing away and eventually as you thumb and dab they will adhere. Once they start to adhere, get out any bubbles and that's it. I just did a helmet 2 hours ago with this method and it rocks, I used straight water and it worked fine. FX helmet took me about 8 minutes for all the decals.

i am finishing up my bucket and i dont know how to put the decals..... i heard of using windex.... but im not sure i really heard the whole process. Also i am thinking about sanding the bottom of the helmet to be able to put it on without screwing it on any thoughts?????

Also i am thinking about sanding the bottom of the helmet to be able to put it on without screwing it on any thoughts?????

I don't believe I understand this statement :unsure:

He has to be talking about enlarging the hole to fit the head straight in instead of sideways

ah, ok, what kind of helmet is it? :unsure: I took about 1/2" off the neck of my AP helmet :)

ah, ok, what kind of helmet is it? :unsure: I took about 1/2" off the neck of my AP helmet :)

yea i have an AP armor and i cant put it on straight foward and i am kinda jealous of fx helmets who can put it on normal, and i have to twist

Watch ANH again ...

See Luke in the Death Star control room getting his helmet off

See Han in the Detention block taking it off also ..

Once you see and realize this is as it should be, it moves the "feature" from the to-fix-list to the cool-list :)

Watch ANH again ...

See Luke in the Death Star control room getting his helmet off

See Han in the Detention block taking it off also ..

Once you see and realize this is as it should be, it moves the "feature" from the to-fix-list to the cool-list :)

THATS AN AWESOME POINT!!!! i think i will sand alittle but not as much as i was going to thats for that.