Can I remove my Forearm upper return edge

Spectre

Hi all.

I am nearing completion of my AM armour kit, but I still need to complete the forearms. A bit ironic seeing as it's usually one of the first pieces done. :P

The reason I have left them this long is that I stuffed up the way I trimmed them. I am going for a butt-join and cover strip method, so I trimmed off the whole overlap from the outer piece (with the rectangles). As such I am left with the pieces like this:

The black lines are the outer and inner pieces of the forearm, and the gray line is the cover strip.

--------

As you can see, the cover strip cannot get a decent surface area on both pieces to glue to. I have decided I am going to reshape the pieces to remedy this, but I have a problem.

The return edge on the outer piece of the forearm will not allow that piece to change shape at all, and it will cause major warping problems if I try to force it.

--------

So here's my question: can I trim off that return edge and still be approvable?

Has anyone else done something similar?

EDIT: can a mod change the tag from 'Can I remove it?' to something like 'forearm, return edge, etc.' ? Thanks

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Sure, return edges only look good in small angles and on close-ups. I removed all of them on my forearms, and had the exact same problem with the trimming and not being to able to glue them properly. I reshaped the trim edges, bent them a little, but it didn't go all that well... Had to spend at least a week on the forearms alone because of this.

But hang in there! Nothing is lost yet, just make ABS paste (acetone/polish remover + tiny scraps of ABS) to help fill the gaps.

The trims may look aligned but I had to use a work bench/table to squeeze the bracers down while the glue cured. Count at least 24 hours for one side. You'll notice that it's a bicep piece on the right. I had the same problem.

I1z8zAp.jpg