surface blemishes?

TKCaleb

I am currently in the middle of a build with a CFO ROTJ helmet. I quickly realized that the faceplate seemed shiner than the dome itself, and upon closer analysis, there was this continuous pattern of blemishes on the surface of the helmet.

53wwS7I.jpg

You can slightly make it out when the light hits it. Any suggestions on how to approach and remedy this issue would be wonderful.

Caleb

Caleb, I've just gone through the stock I have here and it seems that the plastic company had changed the protective wrapper on the ABS from a nice plastic bag type film to an almost crispy cellophane type wrapper. And it seems to react differently under the heat of the former. I'm not sure why they have changed it other than maybe it's a cheaper wrap? I think if you give it a quick polish with a T cut or a novus or something similar it will buff off. Maybe even a car wax polish may do it. Anything not too abrasive.

Caleb, I've just gone through the stock I have here and it seems that the plastic company had changed the protective wrapper on the ABS from a nice plastic bag type film to an almost crispy cellophane type wrapper. And it seems to react differently under the heat of the former. I'm not sure why they have changed it other than maybe it's a cheaper wrap? I think if you give it a quick polish with a T cut or a novus or something similar it will buff off. Maybe even a car wax polish may do it. Anything not too abrasive.

Ohh okay! Thanks man!!