ANH TK helmet build

mailman70

Well folks ... The game is afoot! I found a FX helmet kit on the cheap. I will hone my skills here, and when I am eventually able to buy armor I will step up to something a little more accurate.

We all have to start somewhere ... Let the games begin. Just a couple quick questions ... I prefer the look of the bubble lenses but from what I read these may be more difficult to see out of. Is this true of all bubble lenses, or are there some that don't distort your vision as much? If the latter is the case, where might these be available??

You might have trouble finding good ANH Hero bubble lenses that'll fit ye olde FX bucket.

Also, "honing skills" on a helmet that is almost 100% different in construction and design from any other more accurate stortmrooper helmets might not really work out like planned. Being able to assemble a FX will not prepare you for being able to construct a screen accurate helmet, but that's just my 2cts.

Apparently you can make your own bubble lenses using green lens material (get it from any decent welding/hardware store) and a hot spoon. You heat up a spoon and slowly push out the lenses. You could try that first and see how it turns out..?

You might have trouble finding good ANH Hero bubble lenses that'll fit ye olde FX bucket.

Also, "honing skills" on a helmet that is almost 100% different in construction and design from any other more accurate stortmrooper helmets might not really work out like planned. Being able to assemble a FX will not prepare you for being able to construct a screen accurate helmet, but that's just my 2cts.

I guess what I was getting at Dennis is that I'm working on my 1st 501st approved helmet. I know they are the least accurate of the lot, but if it can meet 501st standards even minimally it cant be all bad...