Body Suit

Thumper

I just received my body suit from Renaissance Dancewear. Turnaround time was about 4 weeks.

After searching the internet, I know they have been around for awhile and (supposedly) a lot of other people have these suits but I thought I'd throw out the info for any newbies out there (like me). I didn't see anything mentioned when I did a search in the forum.

If anyone wants price and contact info, let me know. And if anyone has had a bad experience with them, throw that out too. (Of course I maybe should have asked that question BEFORE I bought it).

Pictures will be posted if anyone wants to see it but to avoid embarrasment, I will not be wearing it in the pics untill I get my armor finished. Its a good thing there is a large Ab plate. I'm gonna go eat a salad now.

I just received my body suit from Renaissance Dancewear. Turnaround time was about 4 weeks.

After searching the internet, I know they have been around for awhile and (supposedly) a lot of other people have these suits but I thought I'd throw out the info for any newbies out there (like me). I didn't see anything mentioned when I did a search in the forum.

If anyone wants price and contact info, let me know. And if anyone has had a bad experience with them, throw that out too. (Of course I maybe should have asked that question BEFORE I bought it).

Pictures will be posted if anyone wants to see it but to avoid embarrasment, I will not be wearing it in the pics untill I get my armor finished. Its a good thing there is a large Ab plate. I'm gonna go eat a salad now.

Most people here buy under armor type garments, or the body suit scuba thing...but the under armor by popular opinion is the most easy to get and nicest to wear because it is easy to replace and the two piece option is felt to be the better one :) and it is easy to replace if torn

To start out I am going with a suggestion from a fellow on the Central garrison. Says Wal Mart has black body suits and they are like you say two piece and easy to replace ( plus washable) Thanks for the heads up on this as I have never seen that either.

Watch out for the cheaper body suits they can deteriorate faster than the name brand ones :)

Just in case anyone is interested, I am ordering fabric tomorrow to do the prototype for a Trooper Suit. It will contain the following features:

Pattern actually cut to wearers measurements.

Choice of Heavy Duty Spandex Material or Dri-Tek.

Both foot and hand stirrups.

1 or 2 chest pockets.

Abrasion panels in crotch area to prevent cod armor from rubbing through.

Full length double ended zipper or 2 zippers in front seam. Opens from top for entry or bottom for "relief" purposes.

Neck Seal would be included and made from fully washable materials and would attach to neck via velcro tabs or snaps. (No more neck seal "blowouts"). No collar on suit can also be an option if you want to continue to use your present dickey style neck seal.

Velcro patches or snaps on top of shoulders to connect shoulder bell straps to (if desired).

If there are any additional features that you think would make trooping more enjoyable, please feel free to send them my way. I welcome all input.