Best suit/supplier for my build

All the wisdom that I have learned in my short time here says that either AM or RT-Mod armor would work best for the larger trooper. Start at the attached thread to read about the vetted armorers found here. Good luck.

Getting Started section

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Welcome to FISD Gordon!

I would agree with Travis... RT-MOD parts have more length in some pieces to accommodate us taller troopers. I'm 6'5" and in the midst of an RT-MOD build. I haven't seen the AM armor in person (please correct me if I'm wrong) but it seems to be more suited for larger trooper than taller troopers. You would have to trim much more from AM than RT-MOD if you're a skinny dude. Neither one is as screen accurate as others but sometimes fitting trumps accuracy. Personally I fear large swaths of black undergarment showing :)

Please do read the link above about the various types of armor and where to get them... then start reading in the getting started section of the forum.. and ask ask ask.

Aloha and good luck,

-Eric

I have built both the AM and the RT-mod. And both are a good choice for the bigger trooper. My favorite is the RT-mod though, it was a lot easier to put together. I'm 5'11" and 230lbs so...

Thanks for the tips guys.

Am in contact with the 2 guys, (AM and RT). Financial constraints are making leaning more towards the AM build. It's still early days and i haven't committed to anything yet.

What I would like to have is an AM armour with RT lid set-up. From all accounts the RT lid seems to be more in proportion with us taller chaps.

Choices, choices...