A huge bunch of questions about ANH armor, round 1

LittleOne

Hi all, to avoid posting too many topics, i ll ask my questions in one post.. i am looking for screen accurate answers, not modded way to do the strapping system...

1) anyone here selling gaffer tape ? the real deal...looking for some for my upcoming armor. :) wanna hide the thumb print in the bicep, just like in the movie... :)

2) is the 4 rivets holding the holster only on Luke? i have not seen proof of otherwise so far....

3) would need to see pics of the shoulder strap system and how it is put together step by step.

4) how does the ab part tie up on both sides of the abs plate, need visual example...

5) battery pack and sniper plate why not glue a small bolt on the insides of the battery pack, drill in the shin and assemble the bolt? no one seems to be sure if it is glued or riveted yet...( i think )

Edited by LittleOne

Why not just order some gaffer tape online somewhere? It should be pretty easy to find.

Check out the tutorial section on the front page. It has pretty much all the answers you are looking for-------------

As to #2, the 4 rivets are for the "hero' suits. So Han and Luke only.

#3 are you talking about the hard armor strap or the internal straps?

#4 The original suits used hooks. I believe FirebladeJedi has a bunch of reference in the tutorials on that. See above link

#5 No reason you couldnt. I would think gluing the bolt would cause some problems, as a metal to plastic glue joint wont last too long. You should give it a shot, and post your progress! Many troopers are looking for innovative ways to build.

Centurion CRL says the knee piece is glued.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

On 6/20/2011 at 4:13 AM, sith_241 said:

Why not just order some gaffer tape online somewhere? It should be pretty easy to find.

Check out the tutorial section on the front page. It has pretty much all the answers you are looking for.-----------

As to #2, the 4 rivets are for the "hero' suits. So Han and Luke only.

#3 are you talking about the hard armor strap or the internal straps?

#4 The original suits used hooks. I believe FirebladeJedi has a bunch of reference in the tutorials on that. See above link

#5 No reason you couldnt. I would think gluing the bolt would cause some problems, as a metal to plastic glue joint wont last too long. You should give it a shot, and post your progress! Many troopers are looking for innovative ways to build.

Centurion CRL says the knee piece is glued.

yep and went and saw 4 rivets on some screen caps....for Han i thought it was just Luke because of the Grappling hook belt kit, but i guess Han is too...so Hero it is...confirmed as they say!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

1) Gaffa wasn't used to hide the thumb print, they instead made a loop out of it to hold the shoulder elastics (the black strip wrapping around the biceps) instead of the plastic hooks some bicep parts had installed.

2) Only Hero suits had 4 holster rivets, probably because Luke and Han holstered their E-11s more than any background trooper did in the movie.

3) Shoulder bridge pieces: glued on the chest armor and free floating in the back, held down there by white elastic. Under that, a piece of white material is glued to the chest and back plates on both sides.

4) I don't understand your question... are you talking about torso side closure?

5) The "battery pack" on (your right) thigh piece was affixed via brads or split rivets (there's some debate over what exactly was used). The left knee sniper plate was glued only.

1) Gaffa wasn't used to hide the thumb print, they instead made a loop out of it to hold the shoulder elastics (the black strip wrapping around the biceps) instead of the plastic hooks some bicep parts had installed.

2) Only Hero suits had 4 holster rivets, probably because Luke and Han holstered their E-11s more than any background trooper did in the movie.

3) Shoulder bridge pieces: glued on the chest armor and free floating in the back, held down there by white elastic. Under that, a piece of white material is glued to the chest and back plates on both sides.

4) I don't understand your question... are you talking about torso side closure?

5) The "battery pack" on (your right) thigh piece was affixed via brads or split rivets (there's some debate over what exactly was used). The left knee sniper plate was glued only.

on number 4 does that side close with only a snap.... ( the opposite side where there are six brads , rivets) also visual examples of all 5 points would be great, thanks guys...

i wanna build a screen accurate strapping system, that is why... i have seen many examples here but more info the better as always....

Edited by LittleOne

Here's a pic of mine, I closely followed the archive pics that are awesome for ANH strapping:

5477060284_0a80c85c8c_b.jpg

The side facing the camera has the one snap, that is attached to a piece of material in the inside kidney part and is the only closure on the right side.

The left should be clear in that pic I guess. ;)

Thanks Obi!

so if i get this correctly, on the right side ab, these is only one snap with an elastic that hold that part together with the belt on of course...am i right?

and for the should strap one is glued completely and the other has a snap inside like your pic..then the rubber band goes over the plastic part to camouflage the effect right?

i think i got it all for that part...you just need a lot of pics and thinking to figure why it was made that way...but what would be cool is a video showing a guy putting on his suit with the original strapping style..that would help a lot of newbies...mmm maybe i should post a request like that..maybe some people would be graceful enough to do it for us... i have seen one guy put his TD armor on and it was great but his was a modded one...also i am not too sure of the suspenders/belt or ( garter ) system that holds the leg parts together...can someone show how these hook up together?

P.s what kind of snaps should i be looking for for the right side attachment..i have seen many pics but not sure of what is screen accurate or not.

thanks a bunch guys...always a great help!

• 2 weeks later...