Big thigh problems

I have big thighs and my thigh armour is at the skintight position!

I didn't want to make the rear seam look strange , hoping that the armour could get a fairly decent appearance without need for additional strips.

I wondered what some of you guys think of this, I was even thinking about repositioning the butt plate/back and codpiece down a bit to reduce the gap at the top of the thighs,

2bG6De2.jpg

hKihWxF.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

I know your "pain", buddy. ;)

Big thighs...

But I think your overall look is acceptable, better maintain the overall appearance than shim the heck out of all components.

I had the same problem with my previous set of armor, my thigh pieces always sat too low.

But dude, get rid of that green stuff on your shoulder! ;)

And lose 2 rivets on that hero belt. You should go for stunt all the way! :P

Thanks Dennis, yes I had the MR styled like a hero so my good wife made me a hero belt,then I got a stunt helmet. I will change the belt/rivet inaccuracies eventually or get a Hero lid or do both.

Yes the "green stuff" :lol: , you speak to my CO!

This is my predicament, dodgy looking shimming or a gap at the top? As you can see , how do I get the balance of accuracy either way?

Edited by Lone wolf

I did shim my PT armor in the back of the thighs and was never too happy with that - they had friggin' WEDGES in 'em to make them sit higher, and that really did not look too hot.

Personally, I was more bothered by the big black gap in front though, so shimming was what I chose to do in the end.

With my TM, I have no such problems. They fit accurately front and back. But I did lose some weight between PT and TM, probably in the thigh area as well, so...

Losing weight is not an issue here, I have trained in Karate since childhood and it is all muscle :lol: :lol:

I will probably try to shim it as I can't leave anything alone, I do think it may look terrible as I also think it will be this big wedge style needed.

Yes TM is the way to go if I ever do another build, you lucky troopers :)

Losing weight is not an issue here, I have trained in Karate since childhood and it is all muscle :lol: :lol:

I will probably try to shim it as I can't leave anything alone, I do think it may look terrible as I also think it will be this big wedge style needed.

Yes TM is the way to go if I ever do another build, you lucky troopers :)

I'm not even sure if I did lose weight on my thighs. TM just has no shrunken parts like some TE-derivatives have, like my old PT.

That might be the case with me. ;)

And don't go shaving off muscle tissue, mate. :D