Got my first TD armor kit in today...

Well, I finally bought a set of used armor that hasn't been trimmed up, and I am having issues with it fitting. I bought an old FX kit, its really nice, but apparently I am too big for it at 6' and 235 lbs. Mt hands cant fit through the forearm armor, and there is way too much gap between the chest and back plate. What should I do? Would it be better to buy the few pieces and bash a kit together, or sell this whole suit and just buy a larger set of armor?

Looks great too :(

FWVQPuq.jpg

KFdUs5i.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Its all up to you and how much work you wanna put into this project. You could cut the forearms apart and add new shims/finishing strips.

The nice part about building a sandtrooper is that the small imperfections can be "camouflaged" with weathering.

There are though plenty of troopers (including myself) that have armor comprised of different armor sets. My TX suit has FX legs, arms, butt & cod with CAP-W chest, back and shoulders.

The whole kit cost me 500 plus it came with an ATA helmet kit, pouches, pauldron, some triangle things that I still dont know what they are and a few other pieces. All that was missing (that I know of) was the boots cause they were way too small, gloves (too small) and waiting on the neck seal (which is prob too small as well, lol)

I put everything on and took a few pics without adjusting anything. The straps were tight on one side, lookse on the other, one of the side straps had no hook, so I think with a little time and adjusting it can fit me "good" but not perfect. I think if I add shims on the sides, maybe on the calves and forearms too, it can come together as a nice kit, it just depends on how much extra $$ I am looking at.

Worst case, I am sure someone can use this kit and I can just buy a new one. I have lost 15 lbs since february 1st, plan on dropping another 15-20, so I am going to avoid any cutting or permanent adjustments till then. I was really hoping to troop this one soon, but it still needs work.

I dont think I look horrible in it, but you can see that it needs works

-----

Sorry about the bare feet :)

I think I can remove some padding from the calves and get a little spare room for starters, the forearms are not going to work without cutting though. Ahhh, the joys of costuming :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Those triangular pieces might be for the left knee. If its gonna be a sandtrooper you'll have to change the ab detail pieces too.

The helmet looks great, keep that piece. Oh, and your hand plates were upside down :huh:

You could easily get what you paid for (and more) if you decided to sell it and buy a kit.

On 3/12/2011 at 6:30 AM, DarkTrooper said:

Those triangular pieces might be for the left knee. If its gonna be a sandtrooper you'll have to change the ab detail pieces too.

The helmet looks great, keep that piece. Oh, and your hand plates were upside down :huh:

You could easily get what you paid for (and more) if you decided to sell it and buy a kit.

I thought I had the plates upside down :)

This is a pic of the accessories that came with it, it does have one or two ab plate covers and some other stuff.

--------

How long is the wait on a new AM kit anyway? I was looking to get something that I can start on right away and this one popped up, so I snagged it. The helmet didnt come with the kit, thats one a buddy of mine made. I actually have 2 different ones on in the pics.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021