MG-34 or DLT-19 and Disney

tigger68

I think I have begun the inevitable slide into true Geekdom. I was watching my nieces tonight and it was a "movie night" with "Aunt Tiff's Choice." No I didn't choose ANH because my youngest niece turned 5 yesterday & her mother wants her to wait a couple more years to see it. So we watched Bedknobs & Broomsticks.

For those of you who haven't seen it, it is set in England during 1940. In the course of the film, a group of German soldiers attempt a raid on an English village and are spoiled by reanimated suits of armor and other uniforms. So I'm watching it and I notice the machine guns they are firing are on bipods...and I start lookin g more closely...they are using MG-34's! Of course the first thing out of my mouth is that they are using DLT-19's, then had to correct myself and say the correct name.

So if you want to see an MG-34 in action go watch the movie. Of course you also get to see one chopped in half by an executioner's axe...but I won't spoil it for you. Now I want to watch 'Miracle of the White Stallions' (another Disney film set during WWII) and see if they are used in that movie as well.

Edited by tigger68