My first build

Coming along nicely.

I've had an idea about your shoulder bell issue. Why not make a velcro shoulder covers. Cut a 'pacman' shaped piece of velro and stitch the mouth of it together and then sew it on to your under-suit. Put some velcro on the inside of the shoulder bells and voilà ! Should hold nicely.

Thanks for the idea matey, how's your build coming BTW?

Thanks for the idea matey, how's your build coming BTW?

It's pretty much done. Decided to get rid of the shoulder velcro that was holding the chest and back piece and replace it with snaps.

I've ordered a new belt from Mike, so I should get that in a week or so. I've got some front buttons coming from canada and some new gloves and hand-guards from Karin in Austria.

Once everything comes back I'll be pretty much ready for picture submission.

It's taken way longer than I thought, but I've been really lazy this week. Work's been a nightmare so I've not had the time or energy to do much.

It's pretty much done. Decided to get rid of the shoulder velcro that was holding the chest and back piece and replace it with snaps.

I've ordered a new belt from Mike, so I should get that in a week or so. I've got some front buttons coming from canada and some new gloves and hand-guards from Karin in Austria.

Once everything comes back I'll be pretty much ready for picture submission.

It's taken way longer than I thought, but I've been really lazy this week. Work's been a nightmare so I've not had the time or energy to do much.

I hear ya man, not enough hours in the day to get this finished on time at the moment.

Should have the entire top section finished tonight then I am going to attach some elastic and velcro to a back support belt to hold up the thighs.

Got a TM helmet kit on order from Paul too.... :D

Not to hijack your thread or anything, but was your TD already assembled when you got it? If it was, did it have that ugly big piece of white ABS glued to the back that's supposed to be the belt hook? If so, how did you get it off and put on those nice metal hooks?

Mine was assembled with a big grey block of wood screwed into it with velcro on the back to attach to the plastic belt that came with it.

I pulled it all apart and riveted Jesse's (kick-an impolite person) clips to it.

Still needs a little paint where i took off the block of wood so need to find the correct paint.

Mine was assembled with a big grey block of wood screwed into it with velcro on the back to attach to the plastic belt that came with it.

I pulled it all apart and riveted Jesse's (kick-an impolite person) clips to it.

Still needs a little paint where i took off the block of wood so need to find the correct paint.

Ahh, slightly different to mine. I took off the sides and the back, so I'm now able to sort out the TD. I'll get a set of clips of Jesse and I'll be good to go.

The clips from Jesse are awesome, well worth it mate :D

I'm gonna have another stab at the shoulders tonight....

Having issues with the shoulders? I haven't glued my straps on yet, but I've put on the snap plates and the elastic.

I'm having a slight issue with my plastic belt part. I was going to put the snaps on today, but there doesn't seem to be enough of the metal sticking through to hammer the ends together.

I'll have to take a pic later as a picture speaks a thousand words.

I need to get the shoulder bells to sit right and stop rotating back....still not managed to solve it.

Got the butt cut though so gonna make up some snaps to re attach it and that will be another job done.

What about sticking some bicycle clips inside so they clip around the tops of your arms?