My Hovi TIE helmet

Thought I'd post my TIE hose connection method over here as it's been getting a good reception. This is version one, I am going to redo it with magnets in the base of the Hovi and the hose as well to hopefully get better pull. These are sskunky's Hovis.

I decided to use Rare Earth magnets to attach my hoses to my helmet. This was in part because I was a bit scared to drill a hole in my assembled helmet but also because I wanted to do something different.

I really like the Riddell helmet so I got some Hovi tips. I discarded the mesh, then drilled out the nipple and replaced it with a 5mm diameter Rare Earth Magnet. Next I painted them all white before assembling them. This meant I only needed to drill a small hole in my helmet to attach the Hovis as opposed to large ones to poke the hoses through.

For the opposite end I cut the ends off two plumbing connectors, glued them to acrylic disks and attached a magnet in the centre. The disks just screw in to the hoses but I have stuck them in with hot glue for the timebeing.

And pictures...

dscf0543w.jpg

dscf0546y.jpg

dscf0545c.jpg