ATA Bucket trimming

Yes, you can trim that off. If you measure about 2" above the brow line, you can trim all of that stuff off.

Take a look at the various build threads, pretty much all the ROTJ tour suit lineage helmets are trimmed / assembled the same way.

This guide from TK4510 should be helpful for you. :)

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

And one more thing, wear a leather glove on the hand thats not holding the knife. Never try to make a clean cut. Always score and snap, its the safest and best method to use. A dremel is very handy for the ears. By shaving just a little bit at a time on the ears with a dremel with test fits between each shave you can make those ear gaps air tight.

Ok. I have it trimmed and the bucket is looking nice. Now to place face to cap. The cap appears to be too wide for the face. Is this something that will be taken care of when the halves are put together and the ears go on. Man I'm so nervous about messing it it may never get done :blink:

Skater

Ok. I have it trimmed and the bucket is looking nice. Now to place face to cap. The cap appears to be too wide for the face. Is this something that will be taken care of when the halves are put together and the ears go on. Man I'm so nervous about messing it it may never get done :blink:

Skater

Yeah no worries that is perfectly normal. I have built a few ATA helmets and that is how they are. It will all tighten up together, when you bolt the face/cap and ears all up, no problem.

Edited by Plastic Fury