Nico Fett Mandalorian Bounty Hunter

Here are a couple pics from my mando build:

60169_159482777399522_100000134033392_565511_952632_n.jpg

(Those gaunts are only for halloween, can't use that material for applications)

Nicoinarmor.png

DSCN1134.jpg

(The black stripes still needs to be weathered)

DSCN1131.jpg

DSCN1127.jpg

DSCN1126.jpg

DSCN1123.jpg

DSCN1168.jpg

My balaclava

1018000743.jpg

and how nicely it covers my neck

1018000744.jpg

And some things that I plan to add:

Eventually gonna add a orange pauldron

pauldron.jpg

And TE2 shins that I'm gonna buy from MightyTank

2010-10-18_18-00-42_649.jpg

mail.jpg

The kit is in no way perfect, but it's on the way to getting done. The plates were a little off on the vest, because i don't have velcro holding it yet (just tape in the pictures). And I need a new visor in the bucket because it's WAY to wide.

Hope you like it so far, the complete WIP thread since the begining is on the Mando Mercs site: http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=29764.0

Alright, here are some updated pics for getting it at least geared up for work on Halloween:

First we have a college school spirited pic :)

DSCN1405.jpg

DSCN1408.jpg

DSCN1421.jpg

DSCN1422.jpg

DSCN1423.jpg

The shins aren't my ones that i'm gonnna use, but the stormie shins haven't been payed for yet (said he'd hold em until i got my paycheck)

Edited by Nico Fett

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just thought i'd post up a few pics here of my new Verpine Sniper Rifle ;D

36" barrel, 50" for the overall length ;D

DSCN1573.jpg

Ani'latoon'alor (ultimate leader in mando'a) is etched into the barrel

DSCN1574.jpg

The laser light on the scope actually works ;D

DSCN1575.jpg

And me holding the base of it (barrel needs to be screwed in still)

DSCN1576.jpg

Hope you guys like it :)

the fit of the armor seems off... like the plates are too big for you. the vest also seems really loose... most mando vests are tight. my boba and vizsla ones are "suck it in and don't breath" tight :)

These were from halloween, my new vest is constantly being tailored by my nana. The plates for the shoulders are the biggest ones, while i actually kinda like the way that my chest plates cover my full torso. I may need new shoulders eventually though.

I need to get some new pics taken of it all assembled, waiting until i finish reworking my visor. Had to de-warp the T area because its to wide in the pics.

Edited by Nico Fett

my first boba suit was HUGE on me. it took a lot of tweaking to get right :)

you'll have to forgive my canonness... to me everything is boba, jango or vizsla.

boba's armor vest stops at about the belly button, and the armor is a bit shorter than that. it doesn't come all the way down to the waist. i think that's why yours looks big. i'm expecting the armor to stop a lot higher on the chest.

the shoulders on boba start way further down on the arm... they don't stick up over the top of the shoulder like that.

if you want to stray from that there is no reason not to. but, i figured it was worth mentioning.

good call on adjusting the visor. that will make the helmet look a lot better.

i like the rifle! the color scheme works well on it.

my first boba suit was HUGE on me. it took a lot of tweaking to get right :)

you'll have to forgive my canonness... to me everything is boba, jango or vizsla.

boba's armor vest stops at about the belly button, and the armor is a bit shorter than that. it doesn't come all the way down to the waist. i think that's why yours looks big. i'm expecting the armor to stop a lot higher on the chest.

the shoulders on boba start way further down on the arm... they don't stick up over the top of the shoulder like that.

if you want to stray from that there is no reason not to. but, i figured it was worth mentioning.

good call on adjusting the visor. that will make the helmet look a lot better.

i like the rifle! the color scheme works well on it.

So do you think mercs/501st would be acceptable with the shoulders moved down farther? Main thing that bugs me when i look at my vest is the armpits, thats the main reason that it keeps getting reworked. Just keeps bulging out on the sides :(

custom mandos aren't 501st acceptable in any way, shape or form, no matter how well done they are.

i'm not particularly familiar with the mercs standards.

basing on fett-fit, everything seems too big. the vest needs to be really tight fitting and tailored to you, and the armor then needs to fit that just right. otherwise it comes out all wacky looking.

basing on fett-fit, everything seems too big. the vest needs to be really tight fitting and tailored to you, and the armor then needs to fit that just right. otherwise it comes out all wacky looking.

I havent tried attaching my plates to the new vest yet, its a tighter fit as it velcros in the back instead of the sides as seen in the pictures. From the back i am able to tighten it or loosen it as much as needed.

I've also got to figure out how im gonna attach my cod and thigh plates, as well as my holsters for my Westar variant pistols onto my belt.

DSCN1572.jpg