Over trimmed shins!

Some how the backs of my shins were over trimmed. i still have 12.5 mil on each side which i could butt together with a cover strip on top but i need the backs to still open. the cover strip kinda takes velcro out of the picture because the 2 parts of the velcro will push the trim out an aditional 5 mil when closed. im also thinking about 4 elastic strips on the inside under the finish strip... at this point im open to all and any ideas on this before i finish these bad boys up

Some how the backs of my shins were over trimmed. i still have 12.5 mil on each side which i could butt together with a cover strip on top but i need the backs to still open. the cover strip kinda takes velcro out of the picture because the 2 parts of the velcro will push the trim out an aditional 5 mil when closed. im also thinking about 4 elastic strips on the inside under the finish strip... at this point im open to all and any ideas on this before i finish these bad boys up

A photo with the shins on would help us diagnose this.

If you use the 20mm cover strip, you could still use velcro...

I found low profile velcro at wal mart...it only pushes the finish strip out about 3MM.....

here is s link from another site showing the stuff....

----

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

alright...low pro velcro from walmart did it. It seems that i have fat thighs and chicken calves. i just trimmed down the velcro strips and did the over lap like the anh suits. how is it that i can take 8 mil off the calfs but have to add 20 mil to the thighs? either way we are good to go now!!! thanx all!!!