Thermal detinator/02 canister

Why? WHy can't you edit your title here? I posted this really quick and thought... that is NOT how you spell detonator! LOL! Anyway...

I have been to 4-5 stores looking for the correct sized thin wall pipe...

I have searched this forum. (people always ask, but try searching here... you pull up 30 threads that are all about the TD EXCEPT where to get the pipe and WHAT it is intended to be sold as!)

Where do you get the right sized pipe for an ATA/TE/AP sized suit?

What section is it in? I looked in home improvement and at industrial plastic pipes. I even looked through electrical in 4-5 stores.

Thanks guys.

Almost there!

Edited by Darth-Felth

i must be missing something... my home depot has the correct diameter pvc pipe in the plumbing aisle in both 10' lengths and insanely overpriced 2' ones. i just use normal schedule 40 plumbing pipe.

why does it need to be thin wall? the outside diameter is the same. is it just weight? because it really doesn't make much of a difference on such a short piece.

i must be missing something... my home depot has the correct diameter pvc pipe in the plumbing aisle in both 10' lengths and insanely overpriced 2' ones. i just use normal schedule 40 plumbing pipe.

why does it need to be thin wall? the outside diameter is the same. is it just weight? because it really doesn't make much of a difference on such a short piece.

I assumed it was thin wall... I tried to fit the thick wall in the end cap and it wouldn't go.

I must be the one who is missing something...

If the end cap has been formed over a thin wall pipe section then you will really struggle to get it on a thick walled section.

I always heat my end caps up before fitting them to the canister tube. The plastic shrinks slightly as it cools once formed so heating it up gently until you hear it 'crack' that's the time to slip it on your 02 tube. When you hear the noise you know it's expended and the cap goes on relatively easy. Just be careful when heating them and keep turning them continuosly so you don't melt the plastic.

ah, that makes sense then!

i've never actually seen thin wall in stock at any of my local hardware stores.

so, i did some googling:

----

from there, it seems that SDR26 is a good way to locate it.

still doesn't help for finding it locally, but it's a start. maybe one of your local hardware stores could order it?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

• 2 weeks later...