Perhaps a silly question

Kirby

Guess it really all depends on your point of view as to if it really is silly. I had discussed a while back about the type of black paint used on the interior of the bucket, however, I neglected to ask what the reasoning behind that is???? Temperature control, block possible shadows of your nugget through a really thin helmet, its just cooler looking, etc? I was looking at pics while trying to work out things for a mic system and saw several pics of buckets sans the noir interior...

Basically it does help to keep down light/glare inside the helmet. Some of the Troopers like it just because it looks cool. As to the theory of temperature control, white reflects heat where as black or dark colors absorb heat. In theory this is the way it should react, but I don't think there is enough there to make any difference.

I think the basic two reasons are, it looks cool and keeps down the light and glare inside the helmet so your eyes can focus better.

Just so you know, none of this was done for the prop helmets seen in the movies. They were not painted black on the inside.

t

Yeah, they barely had time and budget to paint the outside of the original screen used lids let alone the inside. :lol:

A wise man once said, "There is a big difference between screen accurate and screen idealized".

It's your kit Kirby, if you do want to paint the inside, go for it. :smiley-sw013:

Edited by RogueTrooper

I figured that it was more of an option as I didnt see anything in the requirments for it. I am one of those that prefers the what would the armor look like if it were real and functional. Sort of like the flexible hand guards vs. the hard plastic ones. Thanks again for putting my curiosity to rest.