Thermal Detonator Assembly

The final part of my suit and I don't know how to assemble it.

The only question I really have is how do you guys attach the tube panel? If the tube is painted grey first, how does it stick properly? Thanks in advance.

I just painted the tube, then sanded back down a little added e-6000 and taped it all together.

of course you have to paint, then mount the clips with rivets, then sand then glue.

some people don't glue each end, and put a bungee string from each cap to keep it as a storage container.

I epoxy glued a bolt to the center of the under side of the panel.

On the tube I drilled a hole in the center to match the bolt.

Slid the bolt through the tube.

Put a washer and nylon lock nut on the inside and tightened away.

I had to use a very small socket wrench, and small turns. This way I can take it apart if needed.

The exact thing happened this past Hockey season. At an event we were trooping between periods on the Ice playing "broom ball" I went down on the detonator. Lots of pieces to re-assemble. With the nut and bolt idea I was able to put Humpty back together again just like new . Even with a new paint job.

I'm sure there are many ways to assemble but this worked for me a couple of times so far.