modded psp fx player

i have been working on this concept for a while now, it involves a soft-modded psp with custom applications to use as a sound effect playback device and voice amp

this is a proof of concept video i made

i also plan on several hardware modifications to make it practical, like built in 2" speaker, mincropone input, AMPLIFICATION, and static burst effect. also remote sound selector switches ;)

any interst in this kind of unit?

i can make a tutorial on how to do this ,its not too hard if you own a psp:D

Edited by dashrazor

i put together some star wars mp3 sound effects (175 of them) its a lot of various effects like blasters,lightsabers ect... they are taken from the movies and some from video games...

you can download them all in ZIP format here :D

Edited by dashrazor

it is a custom firmware and hombrew apps, i also was using it as a mini guitar amp/effects processor at one time so it will already accept a mic (through the socom mic input) i just need to mod the firmware to mulitask so i can run the voice and sound effects apps at the same time. all the software to do this is free as well, and i can play "all" the games too;) as of yet, there is no hardware modifications to the psp is all just software.

you can go to-----------to get everything to do this. it is really simple but be warned, do your homework before trying this....

i am thinking of mounting it on the side of my bfg ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

On 9/28/2010 at 8:16 AM, dashrazor said:

it is a custom firmware and hombrew apps, i also was using it as a mini guitar amp/effects processor at one time so it will already accept a mic (through the socom mic input) i just need to mod the firmware to mulitask so i can run the voice and sound effects apps at the same time. all the software to do this is free as well, and i can play "all" the games too;) as of yet, there is no hardware modifications to the psp is all just software.

you can go to------------- to get everything to do this. it is really simple but be warned, do your homework before trying this....

i am thinking of mounting it on the side of my bfg ;)

Wow!

I've modded my PSP before but never for this reason.

Very interesting!

Please keep us posted.

Edited by gmrhodes13

well today i messed with a hex editor for several hours and managed to produce this program, it is called Imperial FX player

-------------

it is tested on CFW 3.90 M33-3 but it should work on most firmware versions, if not just use a devhook;)

to install just put the Imperal FX folder in your PSP/GAME directory

i also sacrificed GUI appearance for decreased latency, if this makes any sense :blink:

Edited by gmrhodes13

Well, I dusted off my PSP and can confirm that it works with firmware 3.40.

Super easy to install (as you suggested in your previous post).

It works like a charm. Nice work! Are you still planning on adding the static burst effect?

Now to go play some SW Battlefront II (which I forgot I had on my PSP).

Cheers!

thats great it works for you! :D i am still working on improving the sound FX program a bit, but i do plan to add a mic input and voice effects but it may take some time, modifying these programs in a hex editor can be quite time consuming and a bit overwhelming;)

sweet! :lol: i can add a few more trooper sounds in place of the yoda junk i threw in:P i had a hard time finding good sound files.. thanks!

i haven't been working on it for a bit because of school and a killer flu :wacko: but i am hoping to get the fx player rapped up soon, then start integrating it with the static burst app, just looking at all the code i can see its gonna be a real headache :6: but a simple hardware mod may make it a breeze