Question about AP shin pieces.

Nadun

Im in the throws of building my armor, finally, and I have all the appendages glued and finished. My question is with the shin armor. Since they are both pretty uniform looking, I don't know what piece goes on what leg. When I put them in in the way I think they should go on, they fit nice, but the knee plate doesn't fit on my left shin that well. But when the shins are placed on the opposite leg, the knee plate holds up, and fits better to the left one.... Am I missing something here? lol.

Thanks!

Matt

The AP shins are a little funky.

The inner left shin is actually the same as the outer right shin. The parts are not unique as they are supposed to be.

Pete / Stukatrooper made this diagram here to help.

----------

Mock them up, take a picture and post it here. I'm sure we can confirm for you if you have it placed correctly. :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Wow, that little diagram helped a lot! So, I guess I was right about the proper leg to place them on. So this leaves me with the knee plate fitting a little funky. It doesnt seem to want to really wrap around the top like the other shin. Here are the pics I took with my camera phone.

post-9030-128406310805_thumb.jpg

post-9030-128406310889_thumb.jpg

post-9030-128406310718_thumb.jpg

post-9030-128406310621_thumb.jpg

Thanks Panda!

You can trim the knee plate a little more if you want to reduce the gap, like this image below.

Once you pull it tight and drill the holes for the rivets (don't forget to use a backing washer) it will be more snug. No one will see the gap since it's minimized and on the underside.

post-10306-128406373571_thumb.jpg

Funny, I only just noticed that I had left a decent amount of ABS on the front lip of the knee plate when I posted that. I just trimmed it up some a few sec ago and it fits a little better already.

Thanks for clearing that up :D

if you look at the ankle parts, the longest part that extends lower is the outside, and the inner part that is shorter is the

inside of the ankle. when assembled right, the outsides of the ankles are longer.